Skip to main content

Project 2 New Media Intermediate

"The birth of the reader

must be at the cost of the death of the Author." (P148 | IMAGE - MUSIC - TEX)


I want to agree. Readers take procession while reading. That comes the phrase “there are a thousand Hamlets in a thousand people's eyes“. 


Everyone has different experiences in their situations, and the characters, emotions, and situations they can empathize with are also different. Even if similar situations are encountered, the degree and attitude may vary greatly due to personal and background reasons. Since the author is not writing for himself, he must accept this fact. In fact, a book that allows readers to interpret it differently is a good book. It can spark a lot of discussion. These discussions can lead to the regeneration and dissemination of this book in various ways.


I don't have to worry about this issue when I think of my final project. I don't really want to show it to others, the content is very personal. For me, what I see in meaningful photos is a reflection of a part of life. In contrast, others cannot be specific about the time, place, and feelings when they see them, and they just know this is a photo of a small animal.





I want to disagree too. 


During writing, the author's idea, understanding, and philosophy of the book also changed over time. I mean that some author verified their characters' original design in the middle of their writing, or even reversed the ends. Do you called the authors killed themselves? 


I remember that Holmes in Conan Doyle's works was only "miraculously survived" at the request of his fans.


In addition, there are many literary works, that the original words of the author had been surgically operated. For example, "Zootpia" itself was created with Fox Nick as the starting point, and about carnivores being discriminated against, adult rituals are experiences such as wearing a collar that can be electrocuted when excited. But because it doesn't conform to Disney's style, it has been changed to rabbit as the protagonist. With the same worldview, the audience will bring in different perspectives and see very different things. So the author also has a certain guiding role.


I believe that authors can become the gods of the world in the book, and they control everything in the book. But readers are people outside the book, they are free. Isn't this just a great pleasure in reading?

Comments

  1. Your agreement and disagreement about the "the birth of the reader must be at the cost of the death of the Author" really inspire me. That is a comprehensive understanding about that. I also love what you said:"Do you called the authors killed themselves?" That's so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a cute picture of your dog! I agree, everyone's different experiences and situations can affect how they view a work. Regardless of the author's intention with the work, once it's in the reader's hands, they can interpret it any way they see fit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Global Village‘s Backside.

The Video The Instagram did hid the ad about Blurb from me. However, this is enough to prove that instagram and blurb share the data of consumers and users on both sides. As it literally meaning, it's hidden, it's gone on my ins, but that doesn't mean the leakage of my personal privacy has stopped. I always see the advertisements when shopping or searching on other websites. This reminds me of a word: big data. Big data can push you a lot of the same or similar things according to the keywords you search and read. Some apps even share data, so that you can see conditioner ads on other websites after you buy shampoo on one website. With the global popularity of the network, the network eliminates the time and space between people all over the world. Facebook, Messenger, instagram, zoom, wechat, all kings of emails... Even if you need to contact Party A on the other side of the world, you can still communicate quickly and conveniently through the network. Because of this conv

Jingquan's Flicker posts

Guess what's on the right.                  The environment as a processor of information is propaganda (McLuhan, 142). Nowadays the medias only want to show the information they can make profit with. Most of them are personal showing off, or are including commercial or political purpose. Some even has strong personal perspective, and the bad thing is one people can be none bias when expressing their social values. If we only observe information provide by others but not thinking. We will lose our own point of view. So, it is important to keep awake, thinking if the information is propaganda or not.             For my work, I took about 500 photos. Then I found my topic: the natural and humanistic art embellishment of my life. I formed my own point of view after obervating on campus, along the street in downtown, in the woods by the river, and in the community nearby. You can have your own understanding after looking at these photos. I won't speak my views that might mislead

IMAGE & INTENTION: A MESSAGE WITHOUT A CODE

   I selected this photo when I was organizing my photos. It doesn't have textual message. SO,  it is doubtless necessary to go back to partially illiterate societies, to a sort of pictographic state of the image. Image Illustration: ➡️ Symbolic message: an old garden. (A lot of plants in pots, wild cats, and concrete ground). An old garden with mice. ➡️ Connoted message: The garden was highly possibile built in the 1950s, and it is located in an area most likely in southern China. The manager of the garden was most likely elderly. The largest plant, it is called sago palm whose academic name is Cycas Revoluta . It is wildly planted in southern China, or in southern Japan, the Philippines and Indonesia.  Sago palm's HISTORY BACKGROUND : During China's economic difficulties (1958-1962), when there was a famine in many places, farmers in the area where the sorrel originated dug up the roots of the tree to remove the toxic ingredients and then made starch for consumption . T