Skip to main content

Tech A Tool Recording


Delivering MessageS






Artifact TooL

First  Version
 Second  Version

Data Visualization: 


Example from Museum Visiting



https://harmony1.com/textile-waste-infographic/




Third version:




Fictional Narrative

This is a world that people can see ghosts.
Ann is waked up by the noisy of a coffee machine this morning.

“Again😠?”

Ann jumps off the bed and head towards to take a shower. 

The ghost is having toast 🍞 without any cream.

“You ghost are really healthy~ I hope I can keep having breakfast everyday!” She says to the ghost while pass by.

The ghost answers nothing.

In fact the ghost in this world can neither see nor hear the people. 🙈🙉🙊So they have no privacy but they no nothing about it.

“Anyway, I am going to take a shower” Ann closes the bathroom door.

While taking shower🛀, Ann looks at her smart bracelet. And she thought to herself. 


“We and ghosts look the same. Only the smart bracelets help us distinguishing ourselves. If I take it off, will people be able to get through me like how I get through the ghosts? That’s would be fun!!🎉”

“But previously, the news reported that a 8 year old boy had been naughty to remove the bracelet and walk on the street, and was seriously injured by a motorbike driver who didn't know what was happening.”😨

“May be I can wait until I was 90 to take off the bracelet.” 🤔Ann remind the legend about the bracelet: when you remove the bracelet it means you are about to go to that world.
“That world would be the world of ghosts, right?”

“Wait! I can pass through them that they can’t feel. Am I a ghost? 😱Are we people ghosts? 😱Those ghosts are afraid of ghosts and monsters, will they treat us as ghosts if they know we exist?😂”

"BONG!"
(Sound of door closing) 

Ann is pulled back to reality as she switches off the shower, drys off and changes clothes. 

“Any way I ready to go to work, too.”


Group Installation

Experiments



Final Display











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Global Village‘s Backside.

The Video The Instagram did hid the ad about Blurb from me. However, this is enough to prove that instagram and blurb share the data of consumers and users on both sides. As it literally meaning, it's hidden, it's gone on my ins, but that doesn't mean the leakage of my personal privacy has stopped. I always see the advertisements when shopping or searching on other websites. This reminds me of a word: big data. Big data can push you a lot of the same or similar things according to the keywords you search and read. Some apps even share data, so that you can see conditioner ads on other websites after you buy shampoo on one website. With the global popularity of the network, the network eliminates the time and space between people all over the world. Facebook, Messenger, instagram, zoom, wechat, all kings of emails... Even if you need to contact Party A on the other side of the world, you can still communicate quickly and conveniently through the network. Because of this conv

Jingquan's Flicker posts

Guess what's on the right.                  The environment as a processor of information is propaganda (McLuhan, 142). Nowadays the medias only want to show the information they can make profit with. Most of them are personal showing off, or are including commercial or political purpose. Some even has strong personal perspective, and the bad thing is one people can be none bias when expressing their social values. If we only observe information provide by others but not thinking. We will lose our own point of view. So, it is important to keep awake, thinking if the information is propaganda or not.             For my work, I took about 500 photos. Then I found my topic: the natural and humanistic art embellishment of my life. I formed my own point of view after obervating on campus, along the street in downtown, in the woods by the river, and in the community nearby. You can have your own understanding after looking at these photos. I won't speak my views that might mislead

IMAGE & INTENTION: A MESSAGE WITHOUT A CODE

   I selected this photo when I was organizing my photos. It doesn't have textual message. SO,  it is doubtless necessary to go back to partially illiterate societies, to a sort of pictographic state of the image. Image Illustration: ➡️ Symbolic message: an old garden. (A lot of plants in pots, wild cats, and concrete ground). An old garden with mice. ➡️ Connoted message: The garden was highly possibile built in the 1950s, and it is located in an area most likely in southern China. The manager of the garden was most likely elderly. The largest plant, it is called sago palm whose academic name is Cycas Revoluta . It is wildly planted in southern China, or in southern Japan, the Philippines and Indonesia.  Sago palm's HISTORY BACKGROUND : During China's economic difficulties (1958-1962), when there was a famine in many places, farmers in the area where the sorrel originated dug up the roots of the tree to remove the toxic ingredients and then made starch for consumption . T