Skip to main content

Mar 28-Apr 3 2022 Reflection and Term Objects


Self Intro

 I had already introduced myself on Blogger. So, simplified here:

She, her.

Art Studio Major

Junior

Turned 21 at March this year.

I had already on my way in Art.

I went to Philadelphia during spring break with friends. 

Week 1 Reflection

In the first week of school, I participated in the CSA president election. As a voter, I felt be a fool. The election took 4 hours. I listened carefully, and voted with my critics. Then, I heard from my friend who is one of board members that they canceled votes from none board members. It was totally unfair. Me and another voter who also got canceled argued this with the current president. Finally, they made a revote according to our advice. 

There is someone making troubles there. I know it's my friend's friend. I didn't tell to others since I'm afraid it will hurt my friend's feelings. So, my anger and disappointment have nowhere to go until things are solved. 

The next day, I made a summery: once I was impetuous; I would be allergic. The last time I was allergic was when my parents divorced. I happened to go abroad. The last time I was allergic, I found my father remarried with someone I didn't know.

Although it was not a happy weekend, I gained my allergic reasons. I also got sleepless those days. 

I found songs and videos helping for sleeping. There are the good ones that I'd like to share. 

Experience(live) - Ludovico Einaudi https://b23.tv/r1Toon1

坂本龙一 Merry Christmas Mr.Lawrence https://b23.tv/ItCWXvu

lucky https://b23.tv/2HMB2ml

幻昼 Shirfine-Illusionary Daytime https://b23.tv/8299JLS

磯村由纪子-风居住的街道(風の住む街)https://b23.tv/Ra7yJjF

「Komorebi」https://b23.tv/9iZkJO5

Ayasa, 告白之夜 https://b23.tv/AtSk4Qk

Ludovico Einaudi -Una Mattina https://b23.tv/oYSX49a

And this one made me sleep in 5 minutes yesterday. https://youtu.be/Nf36kl9UQLM

Here is a video about Dusk and Rose Garden. It is refreshed my mood.

https://b23.tv/G9ivbHp

And here are one minute sculptures I recently made. I was inspired by Jurgenson that "Most photographs hide the photographer, whose subjectivity is usually conspicuously missing from the resulting image. The selfie undoes this photographic fourth wall, because the observer is observed. You all see me, the same me, the me that I see and choose to share." (pg. 54)





Expectation for This Term

I like Jurgenson said “Edgar Gomez Cruz concisely states that “photography has gone from being a medium for the collection of important memories to an interface for visual communication”. (pg. 14)


It is so right. I had more than 20,000 photos, 700 videos, and many others. These are personal source for my art. I should sort out documents and put them at safe place. My last cell phone was stolen, and many memories can't come back. Also, I have explore different domain in art 3 years in LU. It's time for me to reflect on what I really like.

Therefore, I'm going to make weekly reflection like I did above. I will share my stories, my new artworks, my progress in sorting out documents of 20,000 photos and 700 videos, and some good photos or videos I watched. It will be relaxing. I hope I can bring class happiness and forget the epidemic for the time being.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Global Village‘s Backside.

The Video The Instagram did hid the ad about Blurb from me. However, this is enough to prove that instagram and blurb share the data of consumers and users on both sides. As it literally meaning, it's hidden, it's gone on my ins, but that doesn't mean the leakage of my personal privacy has stopped. I always see the advertisements when shopping or searching on other websites. This reminds me of a word: big data. Big data can push you a lot of the same or similar things according to the keywords you search and read. Some apps even share data, so that you can see conditioner ads on other websites after you buy shampoo on one website. With the global popularity of the network, the network eliminates the time and space between people all over the world. Facebook, Messenger, instagram, zoom, wechat, all kings of emails... Even if you need to contact Party A on the other side of the world, you can still communicate quickly and conveniently through the network. Because of this conv

Jingquan's Flicker posts

Guess what's on the right.                  The environment as a processor of information is propaganda (McLuhan, 142). Nowadays the medias only want to show the information they can make profit with. Most of them are personal showing off, or are including commercial or political purpose. Some even has strong personal perspective, and the bad thing is one people can be none bias when expressing their social values. If we only observe information provide by others but not thinking. We will lose our own point of view. So, it is important to keep awake, thinking if the information is propaganda or not.             For my work, I took about 500 photos. Then I found my topic: the natural and humanistic art embellishment of my life. I formed my own point of view after obervating on campus, along the street in downtown, in the woods by the river, and in the community nearby. You can have your own understanding after looking at these photos. I won't speak my views that might mislead

IMAGE & INTENTION: A MESSAGE WITHOUT A CODE

   I selected this photo when I was organizing my photos. It doesn't have textual message. SO,  it is doubtless necessary to go back to partially illiterate societies, to a sort of pictographic state of the image. Image Illustration: ➡️ Symbolic message: an old garden. (A lot of plants in pots, wild cats, and concrete ground). An old garden with mice. ➡️ Connoted message: The garden was highly possibile built in the 1950s, and it is located in an area most likely in southern China. The manager of the garden was most likely elderly. The largest plant, it is called sago palm whose academic name is Cycas Revoluta . It is wildly planted in southern China, or in southern Japan, the Philippines and Indonesia.  Sago palm's HISTORY BACKGROUND : During China's economic difficulties (1958-1962), when there was a famine in many places, farmers in the area where the sorrel originated dug up the roots of the tree to remove the toxic ingredients and then made starch for consumption . T